- Will the government opt for small ‘new-style’ nuclear reactors – an unproven technology?
- Nuclear power: misjudgements and mismanagement
- Nuclear attack? We must support Corbyn’s refusal to murder millions: Oliver Tickell
- 2017 Nobel Peace Prize for nuclear disarmament group ICAN
- NATO denounces UN nuclear weapon ban treaty
Tag Archives: North Korea
Use of biological and chemical weapons, landmines and cluster munitions has been prohibited. Will a treaty to ban nuclear weapons be next?
The global summit will be held in the United Nations HQ in New York from 27 to 31 March and from 15 June to 7 July 2017 Earlier UN talks recommended negotiations for a nuclear weapons ban treaty Civil society continues its 70 year … Continue reading
At the end of November the United Nations Security Council unanimously passed sanctions on North Korea because of their nuclear test in September: Beatrice Fihn @BeaFihn Nov 30 retweeted UKUN_NewYork, adding that British nuclear weapons have the same unacceptable humanitarian consequences as … Continue reading
Addressing countries with a treaty requirement to pursue negotiations “in good faith” to end the nuclear arms race and achieve total nuclear disarmament
Two people on the mailing list have drawn our attention to the hearings in The Hague, which began on March 7, 2016. The International Court of Justice (ICJ) heard the preliminary objections raised by the United Kingdom (UK), India and … Continue reading