- Will the government opt for small ‘new-style’ nuclear reactors – an unproven technology?
- Nuclear power: misjudgements and mismanagement
- Nuclear attack? We must support Corbyn’s refusal to murder millions: Oliver Tickell
- 2017 Nobel Peace Prize for nuclear disarmament group ICAN
- NATO denounces UN nuclear weapon ban treaty
Monthly Archives: March 2017
Yesterday the UN General Assembly’s negotiations on a treaty to ban nuclear weapons under international law began in New York. Over 115 governments, the United Nations, the International Committee of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, the Pope and other … Continue reading
Use of biological and chemical weapons, landmines and cluster munitions has been prohibited. Will a treaty to ban nuclear weapons be next?
The global summit will be held in the United Nations HQ in New York from 27 to 31 March and from 15 June to 7 July 2017 Earlier UN talks recommended negotiations for a nuclear weapons ban treaty Civil society continues its 70 year … Continue reading
David Hookes (Scientists for Global Responsibility) went canvassing in Copeland. Here is his report to Merseyside Momentum members: Canvassing in Copeland was very revealing- the housing estate I visited was utterly decrepit- it should have been demolished and rebuilt years … Continue reading
Mark Serwotka, General Secretary of the Public and Commercial Services Union writes for CND: “The moral imperative to rid our country of weapons of mass destruction coexists with the ethical necessity of protecting our planet, growing a sustainable economy and … Continue reading